Top 10 reasons to live in Generac
Category: France > South of France | 13th Mar, 2018
Generac in the Gard – between Languedoc and Provence - is a lively, pretty village in a fantastic location. Only 10 minutes’ drive from the Roman city of Nimes, it is also only 30 minutes’ drive from Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer in the heart of Camargue.
Here are our top 10 reasons why Generac is a nice village to live in, for anyone looking for a family home or second home in the South of France:
1. The village has a full programme of activities, offering everything from yoga and dance classes to football and tennis.
2. Schools are important for a family move and there are 3 in the village, catering for the many families.
3. As well as the weekly market, there is a good range of shops. One of our favourites is the renowned pâtissier-chocolatier, Jean-Yves, who makes his own delicious macarons and chocolate.
4. The village community is full of lots of lovely and interesting people, for newcomers looking to make friends with.
5. For golf lovers, Generac offers easy access (6 km) to Nimes Campagne Golf Club, one of the most beautiful golf courses in the region.
6. For enjoying the local nature, there are many paths for running, hiking as well as for horse-riding.
7. The village boasts a restaurant, L’Instant du Sud, noted in the Guide Michelin for its quality and price.
8. If you enjoy a tipple, many well-known wine estates lie within easy reach.
9. History buffs will enjoy the close proximity to the Roman city of Nîmes, while for beach lovers, the plages of the Camargue are only 30 minutes’ drive away.
10. The nearest airport (Nimes) is only 10 minutes away and runs a regular airline service to and from London, while Paris is under 3 hours away on the TGV.
Find a property in Generac or the nearby area
Filed under France