Summer holidays in the alps
Category: Locations > Uncategorized | 10th Jun, 2014
How the summer holiday market should always be a factor in buying your Alpine property Choosing where, when & how to invest in Alpine property is a subject we're always coming back to at France Property Angels, making the ideal choice is tricky. There's no one ideal place for everyone, the decision is personal & must be arrived at based on weighing up your personal priorities. For those looking to offer their property for holiday rental, the winter season is nearly always the primary market for Alpine property. The ski season draws visitors from around the world in their tens of millions & invariably the peak weeks go for many times the cost of the quietest. Understanding the ski market surrounding your potential Alpine purchase is essential to making a success of renting but too often the summer months are overlooked. British summer holidays to the Alps are on the rise. There are no doubt many factors involved. Our impression is that adventure & challenge holidays are on the rise, that holiday makers are looking increasingly to have more to show for their break than a series of beaches & bars. For the Brit looking for an active summer break, the French Alps are top of the list with a staggering amount going on for every taste and budget. Many resorts struggle to draw crowds in the summer and some are already thriving. Property prices are affected by these differences but there must be resorts that are improving in the summer & will become the perfect rental resorts of the future. We've collated a Top 10 Summer Alpine Resorts list for the most popular resorts today & given our tips on which 3 we think are most likely to grow. Top 10 French Alpine Ski Resorts in Summer
- Chamonix The original alpine summer destination, Chamonix has attracted summer tourism for decades before skiing became a mainstream pastime. One of the chief bases for the ascent of Mont Blanc & a plethora of other famous peaks Chamonix is at the top of the list for mountaineering holidays. The town is as busy in summer as winter, with crowds of visitors engaging in every conceivable activity from mountain biking to paragliding.
- Morzine Morzine is one of the premier mountain biking destinations in the French Alps. The MTB facilities for the Portes du Soleil are extensive & with great lift pass offers like the Passportes du Soleil the region is extremely popular with mountain bikers. Morzine is perhaps the best equipped for mountain bikers & offers a wide range of specialist holidays & businesses. It's by no means a 'one trick pony' with plenty of activities of all kinds on offer & a thriving town.
- Megeve A traditional Savoyard town Megeve is charming & peaceful, in summer music echoes through its streets as musicians rotate their set throughout the day. In the evenings they often get together in the square & play to the delight of the locals & tourists alike. The man made beach & lake swimming at Combloux is a great day out, the summer lift pass includes entry to this alongside many other local activities making it a very affordable family holiday.
- Samoens A beautiful & traditional town of the Grand Massif, Samoens is particularly popular for those looking for the authentic summer mountain experience. Popular for walking, relaxing & wellness breaks the resort is a great place to unwind.
- Abondance The valley d'Abondance makes its way to the Swiss border & is reached in a short drive from Geneva. The village of Abondance in the heart of the valley is a rural alpine paradise. The centre of the Abondance valley food traditions & surrounded by floral meadows. An outstanding place for active & relaxing holidays.
- Alpe d'Huez A summer resort with much to offer Alpe d'Huez is a good all round destination but for road cyclists it's holy ground. The resort is host to one of the most famous Tour de France climbs & attracts cyclists in their thousands to take on the gruelling but ultimately rewarding hill climb.
- Tignes A party town & one with lots going on, Tignes is one of the major MTB destinations of the French Alps in summer. It's also highly popular with walkers & climbers, glacier walking is on offer all year round and adds to the resort's impressive range of attractions.
- Les Arcs The resort of Les Arcs invests hugely in their range of activities on offer. As a commercial success in the ski season the resort has invested in great facilities for bikes on the lifts, a huge range of activities for kids & adults alike.
- Avoriaz Like Morzine, Avoriaz allows access to the Portes du Soleil MTB scene & yet offers more in some area. Their outstanding golf course, swimming complex & tennis facilities make it a great resort for many interests.
- La Clusaz A mountain village that's lively in both seasons. It's summer festivals are popular for the extensive food market & traditional wares, the tourist board ensures there's something happening each week in the resort centre. Mountain biking has become steadily more popular here with Brits though it's been a French favourite for years. The international property developers MGM have expressed their confidence in the future of this resort having announced huge investment in new property. La Clusaz is part of the Annecy region, it's not far from Lake Annecy a wonderful day out in summer.
Filed under Locations